Dare2tri positively impacts the health, quality of life and community integration of athletes with physical disabilities or visual impairments by providing opportunities in the sports of swimming, cycling, running and triathlon.
communications & Content Manager
Dare2tri is looking to hire a Communications & Content Manager to join our Chicago-based team and elevate the digital, print and social presence of the organization. The Communications & Content Manager should be a highly collaborative creative thinker with writing skills and the ability to communicate our mission and impact through the use of storytelling and compelling visuals.
Our mission is to enhance the lives of individuals with physical disabilities and visual impairments by building confidence, community, health and wellness through swimming, biking and running.
This is an exciting time as we recently completed a new strategic plan and are now positioned for tremendous growth. This role will work closely with the Executive Director and Director of Development to create a content marketing strategy and plan, as well as execute all of the day-to-day tasks required to grow the Dare2tri brand and further the mission through traditional and digital channels as well as social media.
1. Marketing & Communications Strategy – Develop communications calendar and create all communications for our small, growing nonprofit. Align marketing materials across channels, preserve and promote Dare2tri brand. Develop communications calendar and create all communications
2. Content Development – Create written content and visuals for Dare2tri’s website, marketing emails and campaigns, print brochures, donor emails and cultivation materials, press releases, and community outreach
3. Email Marketing – Develop email campaigns in MailChimp, create and edit visuals in Photoshop, segment audience lists, import contacts, and analyze open and click through rates
4. Website Management – Update and maintain website content using Squarespace. Develop plan for refreshing content, improving navigation, implementing accessibility standards, increasing traffic to the site and SEO
5. Development/Fundraising Communications – Create content for sponsorship presentations, emails and collateral used to solicit sponsors. Write donor thank yous, develop sponsor recognition signage and emails, and author the annual report and collaborate with our designer
6. Program & Event Promotion – Creatively promote Dare2tri events, services, programs, and community opportunities. Develop print materials in InDesign, including flyers, posters, and invites
7. Social Media – Develop and implement social media strategy across all channels
8. Track data – Monitor, evaluate, and utilize data to determine strategy. Identify trends and provide recommendations for new ways to promote Dare2tri’s brand and mission
2-5 years in the marketing and communications field
Passionate about digital media and the marketing landscape
Mission driven and excited to use skills to help grow a small nonprofit
Ability to perform routine analyses of data to drive marketing decisions
Effective communicator, strong verbal and written communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Proficient in Adobe Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator and ability to create original content
Experience with MailChimp, Neon CRM, Squarespace a plus
Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and make decisions without oversight
Compensation includes an annual salary of $38,000-45,000 plus benefits.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Keri Serota (firstname.lastname@example.org) with "Communications & Content Manager" in the subject line. Applications received will be evaluated on a rolling basis, so early submission is recommended. Please understand that Dare2tri will be unable to notify all applicants of their submission but will contact those applicants shortlisted for interview.
Dare2tri positively impacts the lives of athletes with physical disabilities or visual impairments by providing opportunities to develop their skills in the sport of Paratriathlon while inspiring the community at large.
The Logistics Specialist will assist Dare2tri in ensuring all logistics for camps, clinics and practices are well organized and executed. This will include coordination of equipment, signage, trailers, tents, facilities etc. Logistics Specialist will be part of all Dare2tri major events and will be include in the planning and implementing of the logistics of the event.
The Logistics Specialist will report to Dare2tri’s Program Director. This is a part time seasonal position with a maximum of 20 hours per week. The position will be from mid May through the end of August 2019. The position may include a variety of day, evening and weekend hours.
Capable of lifting and moving equipment (up to 50 lbs) including but not limited to bikes, handcycles, racing chairs, tandem bikes, tents, tables, chairs, tools etc.
Loading and unloading trailers of adaptive equipment in a safe and organized manner
Knowledgeable and comfortable using general tools
Understand the general components of bicycles
Able to perform (or willingness to learn) general bike maintenance and adjustments. This will include adaptive equipment such as handcycles, tandem bikes, racing wheelchairs, etc.
Can work independently under supervision of Dare2tri Program Director and staff
Ability to hook up and unhook trailers
Comfortable pulling a trailer behind an SUV
Able to attend weekly practices and camps including weekend events
Dare2tri is a small non-profit experiencing rapid growth. Currently, employees work out of their homes and programming takes place in various neighborhoods in Chicago. Weekly practices will take place in Chicago along Lake Shore Drive. Camps/clinics may take place in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana or other locations. Travel and lodging will be covered for any out of town event.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Dan Tun (Dan@dare2tri.org) with Logistics Specialist in the subject line. Applications received will be evaluated on a rolling basis, so early submission is recommended. Please understand that Dare2tri will be unable to notify all applicants of their submission, but will contact those applicants shortlisted for interview.