Paratriathlon Training Camp
Save the date: June 9-11, 2017
Dare2tri Paratriathlon Training Camp is open to athletes ages 16 and up of all experience levels. Athletes travel from across the country to participate in Dare2tri’s three-day camp at Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, which boasts top-level coaches, first-rate facilities, ample state of the art adaptive equipment for participants to use, highly trained and qualified staff and volunteers ready and willing to assist with anything an athlete might need.
Camp kicks off with two full days of clinics in swimming (pool and open water), cycling/handcycling, running/pushing, transition, nutrition, equipment maintenance and much more. On Sunday, athletes are invited to put their new skills to the test and cross the finish line at the Dare2tri Tri It Triathlon. All paratriathletes are welcome to participate, whether or not they attended the camp.
Dare2tri Paratriathlon Training Camp is the Official Technical Training Camp of USA Paratriathlon.
2016 training Camp: Impacts
2016 training camp: BY THE NUMBERS
Athletes ranging in age from 12 to 64 attended the 2016 Paratriathlon Training Camp.
Dare2tri served 46 athletes with the help of 81 volunteers and 13 coaches/mentor athletes.
Aspects of Training Camp:
- 83% of athletes said their confidence significantly to completely improved
- 72% of athletes said their self-esteem significantly to completely improved
- 78% said awareness of triathlon opportunities significantly to completely improved
- 72% said their awareness of adaptive equipment significantly to completely improved
- 72% said their willingness to try new activities significantly to completely improved
- 78% said their ability to socialize with others with disabilities significantly to completely improved
- 72% said their overall health and wellness significantly to completely improved