Kids Paratriathlon Training Camp
Two days of learning, being active, and making new friends!
July 17-18, 2018 / 63rd Street beach, chicago / $25
One of Dare2tri’s most popular events is the annual Kids Paratriathlon Training Camp, which is open to youth ages 6-21 with a physical disability or visual impairment. The daily activities will provide kids with an incredible opportunity to learn how to swim, bike, and run in a fun, relaxed environment that lets kids be kids.
All of our coaches are highly qualified in their areas of expertise and work with each participant to build confidence and skill. There are multiple volunteers and mentors available to support kids during their time at camp. Kids will learn open water swimming, cycling, running/pushing, triathlon transition, nutrition, and more.
To ensure that all youth wanting to participate in the camp can attend, Dare2tri provides transportation for youth within Chicago city limits and scholarships to those with financial need. PLEASE FILL OUT THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION BEFORE REGISTERING FOR CAMP. Apply for a scholarship.
Your $25 registration fee includes:
- A Dare2tri tech t-shirt
- High-level, individualized coaching
- Adaptive equipment
- Lunch on both days
- Transportation to/from camp*
- Entry into Dare2tri’s Tri It Triathlon
*transportation provided to those within city limits who request it
Interested in volunteering at Kids Camp?
2016 Kids Training Camp: Impacts
2016 kids training camp: By the numbers
Attendees ages ranged from 6 to 21 years old.
Dare2tri served 44 athletes with the help of 39 volunteers and 9 coaches/mentor athletes.
Aspects of Clinic:
- 100% stated camp completely improved their confidence
- 100% stated camp completely improved their self-esteem
- 100% stated camp completely improved their independence
- 100% stated camp completely improved their ability to socialize with others with disabilities
- 90% rated the quality of volunteers of the camp as excellent