Kids Paratriathlon Training Camp
Save the Date: July 11-12, 2017
One of Dare2tri’s most popular events is the annual Kids Paratriathlon Training Camp, which is open to youth ages 6-21 with a physical disability or visual impairment. To ensure that all youth wanting to participate in the camp can attend, Dare2tri provides transportation for youth within Chicago city limits, as well as scholarships for any athlete who requests it. Camp clinics include open water swimming, cycling, running/pushing, transition, nutrition, and more.
The Kids Paratriathlon Training Camp is hosted annually in July and takes place at 63rd Street Beach in Chicago, Illinois.
2016 Kids Training Camp: Impacts
2016 kids training camp: By the numbers
Attendees ages ranged from 6 to 21 years old.
Dare2tri served 44 athletes with the help of 39 volunteers and 9 coaches/mentor athletes.
Aspects of Clinic:
- 100% stated camp completely improved their confidence
- 100% stated camp completely improved their self-esteem
- 100% stated camp completely improved their independence
- 100% stated camp completely improved their ability to socialize with others with disabilities
- 90% rated the quality of volunteers of the camp as excellent