Dare2tri positively impacts the health, quality of life and community integration of athletes with physical disabilities or visual impairments by providing opportunities in the sports of swimming, cycling, running and triathlon.
Dare2tri is looking to hire a Marketing Manager to join our Chicago-based team and elevate the digital, print and social presence of the organization. The Marketing Manager should be a highly collaborative creative thinker with writing skills and the ability to communicate our mission and impact through the use of storytelling and compelling visuals.
Our mission is to enhance the lives of individuals with physical disabilities and visual impairments by building confidence, community, health and wellness through swimming, biking and running.
This is an exciting time as we recently completed a new strategic plan and are now positioned for tremendous growth. This role will work closely with the Executive Director and Director of Development to create a content marketing strategy and plan, as well as execute all of the day-to-day tasks required to grow the Dare2tri brand and further the mission through traditional and digital channels as well as social media.
1. Marketing & Communications Strategy – Develop communications calendar and create all communications for our small, growing nonprofit. Align marketing materials across channels, preserve and promote Dare2tri brand. Develop communications calendar and create all communications
2. Content Development – Create written content and visuals for Dare2tri’s website, marketing emails and campaigns, print brochures, donor emails and cultivation materials, press releases, and community outreach
3. Email Marketing – Develop email campaigns in MailChimp, create and edit visuals in Photoshop, segment audience lists, import contacts, and analyze open and click through rates
4. Website Management – Update and maintain website content using Squarespace. Develop plan for refreshing content, improving navigation, implementing accessibility standards, increasing traffic to the site and SEO
5. Development/Fundraising Communications – Create content for sponsorship presentations, emails and collateral used to solicit sponsors. Write donor thank yous, develop sponsor recognition signage and emails, and author the annual report and collaborate with our designer
6. Program & Event Promotion – Creatively promote Dare2tri events, services, programs, and community opportunities. Develop print materials in InDesign, including flyers, posters, and invites
7. Social Media – Develop and implement social media strategy across all channels
8. Track data – Monitor, evaluate, and utilize data to determine strategy. Identify trends and provide recommendations for new ways to promote Dare2tri’s brand and mission
2-5 years in the marketing and communications field
Passionate about digital media and the marketing landscape
Mission driven and excited to use skills to help grow a small nonprofit
Ability to perform routine analyses of data to drive marketing decisions
Effective communicator, strong verbal and written communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Proficient in Adobe Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator and ability to create original content
Experience with MailChimp, Neon CRM, Squarespace a plus
Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and make decisions without oversight
Please send a resume and cover letter to Keri Serota (firstname.lastname@example.org) with "Marketing Manager" in the subject line. Applications received will be evaluated on a rolling basis, so early submission is recommended. Please understand that Dare2tri will be unable to notify all applicants of their submission but will contact those applicants shortlisted for interview.