Dare2tri positively impacts the health, quality of life and community integration of athletes with physical disabilities or visual impairments by providing opportunities in the sports of swimming, cycling, running and triathlon.
Fundraising and Communications Manager
Dare2tri is seeking a natural writer who can communicate the work of the organization and engage the public for the purposes of fundraising and awareness. The Fundraising and Communications Manager will combine a variety of skill sets and work across several different fronts to assist Dare2tri in raising funds and communicating engagement opportunities. Fundraising and development responsibilities will include: identification, cultivation, solicitation and acknowledgement of prospects, donors, sponsors and grantors. The manager will also help increase awareness of the organization by managing the website, all social media channels, and attending community events. As a member of a small team, the Fundraising and Communications Manager will support all efforts to sustain and grow the mission and financial stability of the organization.
The Fundraising and Communications Manager will report to Dare2tri’s Executive Director. This is a full-time position.
- Lead fundraising efforts including identification, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement, and stewardship of prospects, donors, and sponsors
- Manage Dare2tri’s Race2Raise fundraising program including promotion, campaign set up, follow up, engagement, coordination and evaluation
- Oversee and coordinate Sponsor an Athlete program including promotion, solicitation, tracking, communication and follow up
- Create sponsorship opportunities and benefits for various events and campaigns
- Conduct prospect research as needed with a focus on generating new potential donors and sponsors
- Coordinate all aspects of Dare2tri’s annual gala, Evening2Inspire, including vendors, invitations, donor solicitation and coordination
- Write and research grants for the organization, including grant reporting
- Track, schedule and prepare materials for cultivation visits with potential donors or supporters
- Manage the donor database (Neon Z2 System CRM) including data entry, gift processing, acknowledgement generating, and reporting
- Develop and implement a communications plan including all avenues of social media, website (using Squarespace), email blasts (using MailChimp), flyers (using Adobe Creative Suite), and other forms of communication
- Respond promptly to incoming inquiries (email, phone) about the organization and follow-up on next steps
- Write articles for various publications (i.e. Disabled Sports USA’s Challenge Magazine, USA Triathlon Magazine, Chicago Athlete)
- Coordinate Dare2tri athletes for speaking engagements
- Attend community health fairs and represent Dare2tri to expand the reach of the organization
- Minimum BA/BS in a related field required
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication and grammar skills, including understanding of AP Stylebook guidelines
- Experience managing various aspects of fundraising events and campaigns
- Excellent prioritization skills, follow-through, and a keen attention to detail
- Ability to be organized, self-motivated, and wear multiple hats
- Be a team player
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube), Google Drive, Dropbox, Adobe Suite, MailChimp and Squarespace
Dare2tri is a small non-profit that recently experienced rapid growth. Currently, employees work out of their homes with a minimum of one weekly staff meeting. This position is ideal for a self-starter who can thrive in an entrepreneurial, start-up setting. Candidates must live in the Chicago-land area.
Please send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements and a writing sample to Keri Serota (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Fundraising and Communications Manager in the subject line. Feel free to let your creativity shine in your application! Applications received will be evaluated on a rolling basis, so early submission is recommended.