injured military camp
Stay tuned for 2018 Camp dates...
Our Injured Military Camp is the only Dare2tri event exclusively for veterans. The camp is open to any injured military or veteran with a physical disability, visual impairment, traumatic brain injury, or PTSD. Instruction and clinics are given in swimming, cycling, running/wheelchair pushing, and transition. A paratriathlon 101 session also is offered to help educate participants about the opportunities in paratriathlon, from grassroots opportunities to paralympic pipeline.
Dare2tri will provide adaptive equipment, wetsuits, handlers/guides, top coaches and mentor athletes. Travel and lodging stipends are offered to any qualifying injured military or veteran.
Questions? Please contact Keri Serota.
2017 Injured Military Camp Impacts
2016 injured military camp: BY THE NUMBERS
Dare2tri served 17 athletes with the help of 18 volunteers. Attendees ages ranged from 31 to 46 years old.
42% of attendees were participating in Dare2tri for the first time by attending this camp.
Aspects of Camp:
- 100% of athletes rated organization of clinic as excellent
- 87.5% of athletes rated quality of volunteers as excellent
- 87.5% of athletes rated quantity of volunteers as excellent
- 100% of athletes rated quality of coaches as excellent
- 100% said confidence significantly to completely improved
- 100% said self-esteem significantly to completely improved