injured military camp
An exclusive opportunity for camaraderie and skill building in swimming, biking, and running/pushing!
We had a great weekend at Injured Military Camp!
June 1-3, 2018 / Hammond, IN
Our Injured Military Camp is the only Dare2tri event exclusively for veterans. The camp is open to any injured military or veteran with a physical disability, visual impairment, traumatic brain injury, or PTSD.
Instruction and clinics are given in swimming, cycling, running/wheelchair pushing, and transition. A paratriathlon 101 session is also offered to help educate participants about the opportunities in paratriathlon, from grassroots opportunities to paralympic pipeline.
Dare2tri will provide adaptive equipment, wetsuits, handlers/guides, top coaches and mentor athletes. We also arrange lodging and ground transportation. Travel and lodging stipends are offered to any qualifying injured military or veteran.
Your $25 registration fee includes:
- Dare2tri tech t-shirts and tri top
- Double occupancy lodging for 3 nights (5/31-6/2)
- Ground transportation to and from Midway airport*
- Ground transportation to and from hotel
- All meals
- High-level instruction and coaching
- Adaptive equipment
- Race entry into Leon’s triathlon
*you must arrive/depart into Midway during the established time frame
Scholarships and travel stipends are available for those with financial need. PLEASE FILL OUT THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION BEFORE REGISTERING FOR CAMP. Apply for a scholarship.
Questions? Please contact Keri Serota.
2017 Injured Military Camp Impacts
2017 injured military camp: BY THE NUMBERS
Dare2tri served 26 athletes with the assistance of 45 volunteers. Athlete ages ranged from 29 to 65 years old.
47% of athletes participated in Dare2tri for the first time by attending this camp.
Aspects of Camp:
- 94% of athletes rated quality of coaches as excellent
- 94% of athletes rated quality of volunteers as excellent
- 94% of athletes rated quantity of volunteers as excellent
- 88% of athletes rated organization of clinic as excellent