online auction: gwen jorgensen's bike
The online auction is now closed; thank you to everyone who made a bid! Congratulations to auction winners.
Following the Olympic Games, two-time triathlon world champion and Olympic gold medalist Gwen Jorgensen donated her custom-painted Specialized Amira bike to Dare2tri Paratriathlon Club for its An Evening2Inspire event charity auction. Funds raised from the bike auction will support Dare2tri’s mission to positively impact the lives of athletes with physical disabilities and visual impairments by developing their skills in paratriathlon, while inspiring the community at large.
Jorgensen’s bike was commissioned by Columbia Threadneedle Investments, a sponsor of Jorgensen, the ITU World Triathlon Series, the Boston Triathlon and Dare2tri. In addition to training for the Olympics, this is also the same bike on which Jorgensen raced to victory at the Columbia Threadneedle World Triathlon Leeds in June and the ITU Mixed Relay World Championships in July. The bike features HED Stinger 3 wheels and Di2 Shimano groupset. The Amira has been Jorgensen’s choice ride since 2012 because of its lightweight carbon frame, tapered head tube and responsive handling.
“The custom painted Specialized Amira with HED wheels which I trained and raced on earlier this season was one of my favorite bikes. The custom paint job is amazing and looks spectacular. I spent hours training and racing on that bike and it helped me on my journey to Gold at the Olympic Games. Good luck with your bidding and donate whatever you can. I hope it raises a lot of money for Dare2tri,” Jorgensen said.
The bike will be featured at Dare2tri’s An Evening2Inspire event on September 30 at Venue SIX10 in Chicago at 8 pm. The evening is an opportunity to celebrate all athletes with physical disabilities and visual impairments who will cross a finish line with the help of Dare2tri. The event will honor Alec Litowitz, Dare2tri Board Chair and founder of asset management firm Magnetar Capital. The four Dare2tri athletes who competed in Rio de Janeiro at the Paralympics to earn gold, silver and bronze medals, will also be recognized. Event guests will enjoy cocktails, dinner and programming sure to inspire and motivate many. Learn more about An Evening2Inspire.
online auction items
In addition to Gwen Jorgensen's bike, Dare2tri will auction various items online. Bidding will also begin on September 23 and close on September 30 at 10:15 pm. Auction items include:
- Gwen Jorgensen Custom Bike: The item value is priceless. Donated by Columbia Threadneedle Investments and Gwen Jorgensen.
- Gwen Jorgensen Autographed & Framed Tri Suit: The item value is priceless. Donated by Columbia Threadneedle Investments.
- Ride with Paralympic Medalists: The experience value is priceless. Donated by Melissa Stockwell and Hailey Danisewicz.
- Official Team USA Shirt, Signed by Paratriathlon Medalists & Swag: The item is priceless. Donated by Keri Serota, Krige Schabort, Grace Norman, Melissa Stockwell and Hailey Danisewicz.
- Official Team USA Ralph Lauren Olympic Gear: The value of the items are $1,200. Donated by Ralph Lauren.
- Blackhawks Tickets & Autographed Pucks: The value of the iems are $1,400. Donated by: Jackie and Jerry Iglesias, and Richard Robb.
- Bulls Tickets & Autographed Memorabilia: The value of the items are $700. Donated by Lore Ambrose and Joshua Beiler.
- Cubs Tickets: The value for the tickets are $325. Donated by Kevin Stevens.
- Triathlon Training: The value for the training experiences are $1,765. Donated by Bravo Manual Therapy + Bodywork, Chicago Triathlon Club, Levi Kane, Lyfe Kitchen, Namaskar Yoga, Stacee Seay/Blueline Multisport, VisionQuest.
- Steve Harvey Show Tickets: The ticket value is priceless. Donated by NBC5 Chicago.